SICE2016 was held in Tsukuba, Japan from Sept. 20 ~ 23. We had two papers by Dongwook Seo and Yang Yu.
- Dongwook Seo, et al., "Compound Road Environment Recognition Method Using Camera and Laser Range Finder", pp. 591.595.
- Yang Yu and Kang-Hyun Jo, "Real-Time Gesture Recognition and Tracking Based on Gabor Feature and Localized Contour Sequence", pp. 1686-1689.
URAI 2016 was held in Xi"an, China from 19-22 August. ISLab had two contributions by Ajmal and Wahyono.
- Probabilistic Foreground Detector for Sterile Zone Monitoring at Night Time
- Vision-based Intelligent Surveillance System: Multi-tasks Implementation
In the conference, we present four updated technical papers. All the proceeding papers are included in LNCS series 9772: edited by De-Shuang Huang and Kang-Hyun Jo. al. (See and get through http://www.springer.com/kr/book/9783319422930 )
In the conference, we have presented two papers by Wahyono:
- Alexander Filonenko, Danilo Caceres Hernandez, Wahyono, and Kang-Hyun Jo, Smoke Detection for Surveillance Cameras Based on Color, Motion, and Shape, INDIN 2016, Poitiers, France, Jul 18, 2016 pp.182-185.
- Wahyono, Alexander Filonenko, and Kang-Hyun Jo, Detecting Illegally Parked Vehicle Based on Cumulative Dual Foreground Difference, INDIN 2016, Poitiers, France, Jul 18, 2016 pp.772-775.
The 9th International Conference on Human System Interaction (HSI2016) was organized by the University of Portsmouth. It was held in Portsmouth, UK, on July 6-8. This conference mainly covers research topics related to the traditional combination of hardware, software and human factors as well as theories, methods of psychology and communcation. The HSI 2016 conference was co-sponsored by the Industrial Electronic Society and the IEEE.
The Intelligent Systems Laboratory presented two papers in oral presentation on Wednesday, July 6 from 3:40 p.m. to 6:00 p.m, and one on Thursday 7 from 3:20 p.m. to 4:40 p.m. The manuscripts entitled: (1) "Building facade detection using geometric planar constraints", (2) "Designing interface and integration framework for multi-channels intelligent surveillance system", and (3) "Robust lane marking detection based on multi-features fusion." Basically the presentation were oriented to bring detail information about the current ongoing results.
Professor Kang-Hyun Jo gave a special talk on Challenges in Computer Vision Technology in the Near Future at University of Portsmouth.
During HSI 2016, Portsmouth, one of our ex-member Dr. Prof. Kaushik Deb received a best paper award. It is so happy news. Also we will organize this conference on the next year in our University during July 17-19, 2017. Please see the attached the fist Call for Papers flyer through the official website: http://hsi2017.islab-ulsan.net/ for further upcoming information.
ISLab received best paper & presentation award on ISIE 2016 held in Santa Clara, California
Ajmal Shahbaz, Danilo Caceres Hernandez, Alexander Filonenko, and Kang-Hyun Jo did a great job!
Macrograph company presented its astonishing results on computer graphics used in miltiple well-known films in Asia. The company also creates virtual reality scenes.
ISLab presented "Adaptive Frame Rate Streaming Strategy for Intelligent Surveillance System" at ICROS2016
The Korea-Japan joint workshop on Frontiers of Computer Vision (FCV) is the exciting chance and place for intercommunication and discussion through many presentations of the advanced researches from the worldwide research communities of computer vision fundamentals and machine vision application systems. The FCV 2016 has been held in Takayama, Japan between February 17-19, 2016.
There are two papers from ISLab which have been presented during conference in Oral Session:
- Gaussian-Polynomial Kernel for Real-time Tracking by Detection Method
Laksono Kurnianggoro, Joko Hariyono, Hyundeok Kang and Kang-Hyun Jo
- Integrating Multiple Tasks of Vision-based Surveillance System: Design and Implementation
Wahyono, Alexander Filonenko, Joko Hariyono, Ajmal Shahbaz, Hyun-Deok Kang and Kang-Hyun Jo
ISLab also received Excelent paper award for paper with title "Gaussian-Polynomial Kernel for Real-time Tracking by Detection Method"
2016 International Wrokshop on Advanced Image Techology (IWAIT 2016) was held in Busan, Korea at January 6 - 8, 2016. In this workshop, all 172 papers from all over the Asia was presented in various areas of image technology. Especially it has special session on medical imaging.
The presented papers were uploaded at the islab-fs.
There is one contribution paper from ISLab in poster
"Comparison of Text Beginning Frame Detection Methods for Robust Overlay Text Recognition"
(Sanghee Lee, Jungil Ahn, Kanghyun Jo)