|Home | Login|
|About us||Join ISLab|
Currently we are interested in Ph.D and Combined (Master + Ph.D) course students.
Knowledge in the following areas is strongly required for joining the ISLab.
- Probability theory and random processes;
- Linear systems;
- Geometry (background in multiview geometry is strongly appreciated);
- Optimization methods and game theory;
- Understanding of control theory is recommended;
- Basics of image acquisitions (color spaces, pinhole camera model, basic camera parameters, etc);
- Basics of image processing (thresholding, histogram-based filtering, morphological operations);
- Geometrical transformations (rotation, scaling, affine transform, etc.).
You have to be familiar with at least one programming environment: Microsoft Visual studio, MatLAB, Borland builder, QT, Eclipse. Experience in OpenCV, OpenCL or Cuda will be a big plus. Basic knowledge on data structures and algorithm design is mandatory.
Ok. How can I join?
First of all, you need to contact with Prof. Jo. After brief conversation via email, an interview will be arranged on Skype.
General application procedure to University of Ulsan is described here: http://en.ulsan.ac.kr/contents/admissions/graduate/
If you have any questions about joining the Intelligent System Laboratory, feel free ask by email.