International Conference on Information and Communication Technology Robotics 2018 (ICT-ROBOT 2018) was held during September 6-8, 2018, in Busan, Korea. The ICT-ROBOT 2018 conference brings together an international community of expert to discuss the state-of-art, new research result, perspective of future devolopments, and innovative applications relevant to mechatronics, robotics, control, automation and related areas.
ISLab contributed with two paper in technical track of "Intelligent System” and "Human Machine Interface”.
- Mohammad Ashraf Russo, Alexander Filonenko, and Kang-Hyun Jo, Sports Classification in Sequential Frames Using CNN and RNN.
- Muhamad Dwisnanto Putro, and Kang-Hyun Jo, Real-time Face Tracking for Human-Robot Interaction.
The 2018 Fourteenth International Conference on Intelligent Computing (ICIC 2018)
is held during August 15-18, 2018, in Wuhan,China.
Our lab. had contributed on one specially invite talks and one regular paper (oral).
- Specially Invite Talks
" Computer Vision for Human Supportive Technology : An Autonomous Car Case"
- One regular paper (oral)
"Entity Detection for Information Retrieval in Video Streams"
(Sanghee Lee and Kanghyun Jo)
The international conference on Human System Interaction (HSI) was held in the beautiful city of Gda?sk, Poland. There are several universities in this city including Gda?sk University, Gda?sk University of Technology (GUT), Gda?sk Medical University, and other 12 higher schools. The HSI conference itself was held in the Gda?sk University of Technology (GUT) at the faculty of electronics, telecommunications and informatics, one on the largest faculties in the GUT.
In this year, a summer school program was held alongside the HSI conference where the courses are focussed on deep learning technology.
Islab contributed 1 paper on HSI conference:
Laksono Kurnianggoro and Kang-Hyun Jo, Towards an Integrated Method of Detection and Description for Face Authentication System, HSI 2018, Gdansk, Poland, Jul 4, 2018.
Furthermore, we also presented 2 lectures for the international summer school on deep learning:
- Deep learning for object detection
- Deep learning for autonomous vehicle
ISIE 2018 was held during 12-15 June in Cairns Australia. ISLab contributed with one paper in technical track of "Artificial Intelligence and Signal Processing".
-Ajmal Shahbaz and Kang-Hyun Jo, Probabilisitic Change Detector with Human Verifier for Intelligent Sterile Zone Monitoring
3 years ago, we found out that the performance of existing CPUs was not enough to deliver real-time processing of scenes for autonomous vehicles. ISLab started working with Nvidia CUDA technology which led to a successful speedup of our algorithms. At that time, there were not so many researchers working with GPUs, but we think that the development of the detection algorithm is not enough. The algorithm should be applicable to the real systems so the society benefits from the new inventions.
The link to the news: https://news.developer.nvidia.com/vision-smoke-detection-using-low-cost-surveillance-cameras/
ISLAB contributed 2 papers to the ICGIP2017 :
1. Qing Tang et al., Traffic Sign Classification with Dataset Augmentation and Convolutional Neural Network
2.Yang Yu et al., Lane Detection based on Color Probability Model and Fuzzy Clustering
ICT-ROBOT 2017 was held at the Kagoshima University, Korimoto Campus, Japan from Nov. 25 to Nov. 26, 2017. This conference was organized with the SICE Kyushu branch annual conference.
ISLab contributes 3 papers:
- Dong-Wook Seo, Hyun-Deok Kang, and Kang-Hyun Jo, “Multi-layer superpixel cut for stereo matching”
- Beom-Seok Kim, Gi-Seok Sohn, and Kang-Hyun Jo, “Illegal Trash Littering Person Detection for Intelligent Surveillance System”
- Youlkyeong Lee and Kang-Hyun Jo, “Local Disparity Computation with SIFT and Belief Propagation”
The 43rd annual conference of the IEEE Industrial electronic society (IECON) was held in the china national convention center, Beijing, China from 29 October until 1 November 2017. The conference venue is located nearby the Olympic village which is located around 30 km from the Beijing international airport. In this year, it attracts more than 2400 of submitted papers. Among them, around 1400 papers are presented in either oral presentation or poster presentation.
ISLAB contribute 2 papers:
1. Laksono Kurnianggoro and Kang-Hyun Jo, Identification of Pedestrian Attributes using Deep Network
2. Ajmal Shahbaz and Kang-Hyun Jo, Optimal Background Modeling for Cluttered Scenes